Sunday 5 June 2011

Hellfire Zone (MS-DOS)

Helicopters, explosions, tanks. Seems good so far.

The intro. Apparently we're in an Apache and we're going to be rescuing downed fighter pilots.

A CGI simulation of what such a rescue could look like.

But another helicopter that also appears to be an Apache has appeared on screen. This simply will not do.

Bullseye, got him! He fragments into his component polygons.

Are we going to be stuck looking at that same sky background for the rest of the game then?

Okay I've reached gameplay and yeah it's the SAME cloud background for the sky, just squashed a bit.

I've got the helicopter in the air, and I can spin around, but I can't figure out how to actually move the thing. I thought that green helicopter was on my side at first, but then he started shooting me. He could at least waited until I've moved away from my base.

I'm still not sure what kind of game this is, can I fly around in 3d? Do I just fly sideways? Do I just sit here on the spot and kill helicopters as they appear?

... an F/A 18 just flew through my Apache. What the hell?

Yes I know I got 100% damage, a bloody jet plane just flew through my Apache.

Well, when they put it like that, I guess I'd be a fool not to. I should be honoured that they have so much faith in me as a pilot. Lets see how they feel after I wreck a few more.

Yes! I have figured out how to move forwards. It seems that I can fly around in 3d, so now I need to figure out where I need to fly to.

HAH, dodged you that time!

A helicopter just flew into me. Are these guys using kamikaze tactics as standard then?

Well thanks for that mate. I hope you're comfy in that burning wreck of a helicopter you asshole pilot, because I'm not crawling over there to drag you out.


$13,000,000.00 LATER.


The enemies keep firing homing missiles at me, which often do a couple of laps of the screen before deciding to hit me. I'm not exactly sure what to do about them, so I'm just going to try to kill the enemies before they can fire any off.

I blew up a building and found a crate of missiles. When I landed my little dude got out and started dragging the missiles over. I probably should have done this after killing the enemy helicopter turning around to blow me up.


$13,000,000.00 LATER.


A downed fighter! I'll take care of that gun and then swoop in to save the pilot.

Come on you asshole, hurry up! This is my hero moment, don't ruin this for me. Come on come on come on come on!

... an F/A 18 just flew through my Apache. On the ground.


Man this is terrible, next game.

1 comment:

  1. This looked promising... :) Funny review!

    ReplyDelete

Semi-Random Game Box