Tuesday 14 March 2017

Super Adventures Update, March 2017

Today on Super Adventures, I'm still playing nothing. Sorry, I've been busy.

But there'll be new content soon, I promise! Two new games before the end of the month with any luck, and it's possible that they both donated letters to that picture above. In fact it's likely that quite a few games coming up have donated letters, but seeing I haven't managed to get the site updated in a month I wouldn't put too much faith in my ability to stick to a plan.

Further update: check below if you want to know where the letters all came from. Just... try not to be too disappointed when you find out that I've been in an adventure game mood lately. This isn't an exhaustive list of what's coming up this year.



S - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
U - Serious Sam
P - Phantom Brave
E - Broken Age
R - Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror

A - Flight of the Amazon Queen
D - Ben There, Dan That!
V - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (again)
E - The Blackwell Legacy
N - Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller
T - Day of the Tentacle
U - Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent
R - Hector: Badge of Carnage
E - Teenagent
S - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (getting a lot of mileage out of this one)

I - Nikopol
S - Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
N - Demolition Man
' - Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
T - Technobabylon

D - Doom 2016
E - Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes
A - Primordia
D - Hector: Badge of Carnage
! - Ben There, Dan That!

Though like I said, don't take this as a sneak peek at my schedule, these are just the games I've already started taking screenshots and notes from. Just wanted to show y'all that there's content coming down the tubes and I'm not quite done with the site yet.

But why do I have so many games played but not fully written up you might ask. Because playing's more fun than writing, like duh. Plus who wants to read about so many games from the same genre in a row? Better I put them on pause to play a SNES game or two, that's what I reckon.

11 comments:

  1. T is from day of the tentacle, S from Monkey Island 2, not really sure about the others

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D from Doom and 2 Ss from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night!

      Delete
    2. As a fan of adventure games, I can say that I played most of those. I even beat twice the Hector trilogy, countless of times all LucasArts games, played and beat the original Doom 1 and 2 at least once a year for more than 20 years now, beat Serious Sam TFE and SSE in Mental difficulty (enemies are invisible), and so many others

      Delete
  2. I'm guessing the "S" in "isn't" is from a Superman game? And the fact that it's a horribly compressed S that looks like it's from a scanned image I'd say it's a GBA game.

    Is the second E in "adventures" from a Resident Evil game?

    So many of these are bugging me; they're triggering something in my mind but I just can't place them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The S is actually from Monkey Island 2 and there's no GBA or Resident Evil games up there. Though maybe there should've been...

      I wouldn't suggest straining your memory too hard, a lot of these just aren't that famous. Plus I've been in a point-and-click adventure game mood recently so that's where most of the letters ended up coming from. Not that I'm turning the site into Super Adventures in Adventures; they'll be scheduled between games people may actually want to read about.

      Delete
    2. Please Ray, you have to tell us on your next post from where all the letters come from. That "A" in "Adventures" is killing me. BTW the "V" is also from Castlevania.

      Delete
    3. Damn, I suppose it was a bit harsh of me to post a puzzle like this and expect people to wait months for the solutions to drip in.

      As much as it pains me to basically commit to writing about a dozen or so games in advance and leave people waiting for the one they want to finally come up, I'll edit this post to put the all solutions there for people who choose to click to read it all.

      Delete
  3. Welcome back! I've been binge-reading a gentleman you mentioned by the handle of VGJunk, great stuff! Glad to see you have some new articles up, Ima read them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah VGJunk does some quality writing. I often visit his website when I'm in the mood to feel jealous and inferior.

      But the games I write about are prettier, so whatever!

      Delete
  4. +1 for Super Adventures in Adventures. I have no problem with this.

    ReplyDelete

Semi-Random Game Box