Saturday 7 January 2012

Young Merlin (SNES)

It's by Westwood so surely it can't be that bad.

Hmmm, that house looks nice, and a few of those trees look pretty good, but together it's just not working.

Hey, a huge sparkly amethyst, just lying in the grass! I've only been playing for a second and already I'm rich!

What? The game says press the Y button next to the river. Okay then, I can do that.

HE THREW MY JEWEL INTO THE RIVER! You total asshole! Why would you do that?

Oh look we've made a rainbow, well I guess that's far better than having a huge jewel.

The rainbow spits out a star. Hmm, I wonder what a star would get me on ebay.

Game says go right. Well, it hasn't steered me wrong so far! Also there's nowhere else I can go.

Evil plants! Time to test out my STAR POWER! Yeah, that turned out to be entirely useless.

But it works on evil trees! And I find myself an orange gemstone! I'm rich again!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Stop throwing my gems in the water you asshole!

And the rainbow spits out a pouch. This game makes no sense.

Pouch kills evil plants, and I can move on.

These guys aren't so hard to kill.

But they split up into little micro-demons on death. And then the little guys scurry around and reform into evil boars again.

This fat pig is a little harder to kill. Especially when the player just wants to quit and play something else. But I did it in the end.


Quit and play something I mean.

2 comments:

  1. Man, I HATED this game. I haven't played it again since it came out. That bleedin' mine cart level. To this day, I cringe when I see a mine cart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. never found the hidden room in the mine spent days searching ,gave up in the end.

    ReplyDelete

Semi-Random Game Box