Saturday 25 June 2011

Wild Guns (SNES)

That is a damn fine looking title screen in my opinion. Okay I'm not sure about the pink, but the rest of it is great.

This is a nice looking game so far. Wait, Clint and Annie? That's just shameless.

The gameplay graphics do not disappoint. This is one of the best looking games I've played yet.

It seems to be another cowboy shooting gallery game like Lethal Enforcers II, but I can move the character around like in The Untouchables. Except in this the controls aren't crap.

I have double jump! This is awesome.

But I can't seem to figure out how to shoot the damn gun. I get a shot or two off, then he switches to lasso instead, which takes ages to do anything and just stuns the enemy.

Did I run out of bullets or something?

Ugh, the robot killed me! In this game it's one hit and you lose a life. At least I get to continue from where I left off, so th... A ROBOT?!

I was killed by a robot? Hang on, that truck has tracks on it, that building has pipes all over it. This is a SPACE WESTERN! How did it take me so long to notice that?

It's cool though, I like my space westerns.

Oh come on, there's a screen full of people shooting me, plus this bastard with a knife I can't seem to hit... and I still stuck using the lasso! This is pretty much unplayable.

Damn you, knife guy. Why can't I hit you?

Well that was Wild Guns. A beautiful game with impossible gameplay. A shame really, I wanted to like this one too.


Next game.






Actually no, I'm going to read the damn instructions for once. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here.

Hmm... I've got to HOLD DOWN the button to shoot! Tapping it uses lasso instead. Yes, this is what I wanted to hear, okay lets try this again.

Damn you knife guy!

I'll wipe you and all your friends out at once with a super attack!

Five kills in a row I believe. Okay the score thing says x4, but that's still good right? It's a step up from x0.

Oh crap, a giant cowboy robot! And all I've got is this grenade launcher...

I finally get to see the next level!

Look at all these cowards using cover. C'mon don't be shy, poke your head up so I can blow it off.

Now I have a machine gun, ho ho ho.

Damn, how many bartenders does this place have?

Aww, a single hit and it's all over. It was nice while it lasted though.


Next game.

2 comments:

  1. Nice Die Hard reference. I got through this game (it wasn't easy at all). I don't get the significance/shamelessness of the character names. Are they from something that I'm not aware of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, I can't be expected to remember what I talking about in a post written 18 months ago! I think I was assuming the names referred to western actor Clint Eastwood and famous sharpshooter Annie Oakley, which I guess I thought was a bit shameful because it's so obvious.

      Delete

Semi-Random Game Box