Sunday 26 June 2011

Super Pitfall (NES)

Okay, the hero is holding his revolver backwards on the title screen, not a great sign.

Okay level one, pillars, pyramids and caverns. It doesn't look very Pitfall! though.

Pitfall! (Atari 2600)
It doesn't even have ropes to swing over crocodiles, which is like 90% of what Pitfall was.

But it's okay, maybe the rope swinging and log jumping comes later. Wow, gold denied. I guess I'm going around the long way.

Okay, lets check out the ladder I started off next to.

Wow, it's a trick. This cave's so deadly I was killed by a bat before I even hit the spikes.

And then I respawn here? I've never even been to this part of the level.

Okay what? Why am I stuck in a rock?

I get out of the rock, jump for the platform, but it's so glitchy and flicky I missed and landed straight in the lava.

Huh, the bats are immune to my bullets? Well at least he's holding his gun the right way now. It's just invisible now.

Man, Pitfall Harry looks so much like Mario in this. He's even grown a moustache since the last game.

Come on, stop squatting and get your ass off the ladder, a frog's coming! MOVE YOU FAT BASTARD! MOVE!

Fuck, this revolver really isn't doing me much good. I fire and the frog just jumps over the bullet. Now I've got 15 shots left, and a frog in the face. GAME OVER.

Dammit! When I fire at two enemies directly in front of me I'd like to hit at least one of them.

Yes! Awesome, I've finally found some gold! You'd think after collecting a stack of gold as tall as he is, Pitfall Harry would call it a day and retire, but nope he's not satisfied.

Wow, to be honest I was expecting the water to be instant death, but he's swimming through it just fine.

You son of a bitch frog.

Oh shit, oh shit, now the ceiling's falling down behind me!

Hey it's a scorpion, they were in Pitfall, I remember them!

Damn, I jumped over all those scorpions and spike pits for this? I knew I should have given up and gone home after finding that stack of gold.


Next game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semi-Random Game Box