Wednesday 1 June 2011

Planet Stronghold (Demo) (PC) - Guest Post

Indie contributor Ocean has found another RPG that might be worth checking out. You can get this demo yourself for PC, Mac or Linux here: Planet Stronghold Demo

Click the pictures to see a nice large clear version with text you can actually read..
Planet Stronghold!

We start this very important journey into space by choosing if you're a guy or a girl. It's for relationship and not stat purposes they say. I was hoping that I can pick the girl and be a lesbian.

You have 4 character classes to choose from. Soldier, Guardian, Scout, Psionic. Or basically, Fighter, Tank, Thief, Mage sorta deal. I picked the scout for varieties sake as I always pick a fighting class.

Oh no, we got into a fight with a giant tutorial!

There we go. You have 6 commands. Hurt lots and Miss lots, Normal attack, Hurt less and Miss less types of attacks, Magic, Defend and Item. You have to equip your item so you don't go through some big list.

Well I wasn't! Anyway, you can pick what you want to say to them.

Here's my girl on girl love candidate #1. I'll be honest, I'm not into red haired girls. Sorry girl.

She gave me an item after she insulted me and everything. If I get free stuff for being insulted, then insult me more!

So once you level up, you get 5 skill points. You get a huge list of skills. You don't need to master everything on this list. Other members will cover for you too. If a high repair skill is needed, you select the character that has it.

Can I date myself? The main character looks quite nice.

Every enemy in the beginning is a recolor of this. (At least until you get up to the raiders).

OK so it's code red, this girl leaves me and then comes back with 2 suspicious looking guys.

Alright, maybe they were new recruits as well. And as all of the best recruits do, we get to visit THE KING. Sort of reminds me of those Burger King crowns they used to give you as a kid.

This is so that instead of going "You can't leave here" when you get to the hangar, you have some excuse as to why you can't.

No I wasn't thinking that at all, I was thinking that I just found my future partner.

OK so there's an enemy that isn't a recolor of ant robots.

Sometimes you get an option of how to deal with your enemies. It will at least help lower the numbers or strength of them.

I'll have the redhead fix the problem. (I still failed to repair it though even at 74%)

Our training bot came to give us our recording.

I'm totally shocked at what I found. Really!!

DEMO END. Anyway, it was an interesting game so far. I thought it'd be very dialogue heavy and wordy and names thrown around everywhere that you don't care about. But nah, it's been fair, only the tutorials are really chatty. It is quite like a visual novel though so you'd have to be prepared to make some choices, hear people talk, click on the next place and then fight, then repeat. I thought it was entertaining enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semi-Random Game Box