Saturday 9 April 2011

Smartball (SNES)

This was made in a more innocent time, when blobs like Putty, Globdule, Morris Rolph and Blob could be heroes too.

Level 1. A grassy place with trees.

Hey, you can sit on enemy's heads like in Mario 2. Pulling down destroys them.

Or if you've collected a ball you can throw it at your enemies to knock them dead.

Lifts are great. Unless they go up once and then never come back down, stranding you at the bottom if you slip off.

That red flower on the right is actually a ball pickup btw. I guess they just grow naturally in this place.

Oh! I see, you can climb up walls. Well, I don't need those stupid lifts anymore then.

You can actually see me carrying some balls here, they make him look like he's got red cheeks.

I had a plan, as I often make stupid plans to keep me entertained when I'm bored. I would jump on a mouse's head, and just sit there as he carried me across the level. My plan failed when he conspired with the other enemies and they caught me in a pincer attack.

Wow, someone really wrecked this town. This is pretty bleak for such a cute game.

Oh shit, it's a bird!

You may be thinking 'oh yes, the giant bird wrecked the town!', but does that really match the facts? This bird hangs around this part of the level exclusively for this fight, and yet the house in the background remains intact. The ONLY house that's still intact, in fact. Perhaps it's more likely that the buildings were destroyed by an army of evil SmartBalls, and this bird is the only resident left. Still defending his home against the evil invaders.

Whatever, I'm gonna kill 'im with me balls.

The bird defeated, the house in ruins... Jerry is finally satisfied, and moves on to the next level.

I guess we're going down this drain to the sewers then.

Hmm, it's a little bit too NES down here. I think it's time to move on, this game really isn't that interesting so far and I doubt a sewer level's going to improve it much.


Next game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semi-Random Game Box