Monday 4 April 2011

Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day (SNES)

Another platformer then?

While Rocko and the other character who's name isn't in the title so I can't identify him were at the beach one day playing frisbee...

But then his stupid dog Spunky went wandering into the path marked 'DANGER'.

We're guiding the dog?

Wait, this isn't a platformer at all... this is a puzzle platformer!

This seems to be basically Lemmings with one lemming. And you can't make him do anything. So more like Troddlers then, except without the blocks. No, that's not right either. Sleepwalker maybe? Eek! the Cat? Either way the dog goes walking off on his own, and I've got to jump around the level trying to make sure he doesn't die.

Okay first we use the... is that supposed to be a deck chair? Anyway, we use it to catapult the dog into the air to land on the top path.

It doesn't work. He goes flying up in the air but misses the ledge on the way down. But c'mon it was a good plan! I guess I catapulted him from the wrong side.

The dog goes wandering off along the bottom path, into the water, which starts wearing down his life... uh, bone.

I dive into harm's way head first to protect Spunky from this vicious sea bird. I was actually trying to punch him, but this works too I guess.

I think it's a dog. Either way it's bigger than Spunky and it has teeth, so it's up to me to draw its attention away from him.

Does that hydrant... have eyes? Whatever, it's a win, let's just get out of here.

The next level! I used the deck chair to get Spunky up to the higher level, now I'm going to bounce on this guy to get up there myself. I think I'm getting the hang of this now.

OW, damn crabs. This little bastard respawns too.

Hmm, I think I see how this works. If I get the dog on the lift, then jump on the other side of the rope, it lifts him to the top!

 But then the dog just jumps down again.

Aha, you can make the platforms go down by jumping on them.

But then they just move back up when you step off them!

I think I've got it. I've got to go down, punch the crab again, then jump on the rope to push the dog up, then use the rope to jump up to that level, then jump on the other platforms and hold them down in turn as the dog walks across, then use the deck chair on the left to fling the dog up to the next level above.


Ugh, next game!

1 comment:

Semi-Random Game Box