Thursday 3 February 2011

Garfield: Caught in the Act (Genesis/Mega Drive)

I'm expecting GREAT THINGS.

Ugh, look at that smug little bastard dancing on the logo.

Oh, I'm sorry, is level one boring you Garfield? Actually this level didn't look so bad in game. It doesn't look overly familiar at least. That circuit board looks 3d rendered, there's some kind of grid over the background, stuff is animated, electricity crackles... it just looks different.

I want to punch his smug, well animated face.

WE'RE SKIPPING CHANNELS WOOOOOO. That's flickery animated random static in game. Far less annoying than that flickery wood effect in Gain Ground.

Level two ditches the 3d rendered look, and has cartoony looking pixelwork. It's all very nice, except for me being stuck halfway up the screen there. It's just a shame that the gameplay isn't really that awesome. You're attacking ghosts with a stick and thrown skulls, and I found it hard not to take a lot of hits in the process.

As usual the enemies are shy, and don't want to show up in my pictures. Wait... am I hanging from Odie's tongue there?

The evil dog himself. This boss battle is annoying for two reasons. One, bats keep swooping around and bothering you, and two, I have no idea how to kill Count Odie. He just keeps diving down and hitting me like a flying git.

Oh dear, looks like Garfield is going to be trapped inside the television forever now.

Oh. I guess not then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semi-Random Game Box