Thursday 3 February 2011

Gain Ground (Genesis/Mega Drive)

ATTENTION: THIS ARTICLE HAS BEEN RECLASSIFIED AS BEING 'A BIT CRAP'.
You can find my second look at the game here instead: Gain Ground (Arcade) - Replay.

Hey, this looks like it could be a genuinely bad game. Oh wow, damn, the wood pattern won't stop flickering, it's so annoying.

Who thinks that putting flashing wood panels on the title screen is a good idea?


Oh FUCK. This game should come with a huge epilepsy warning on the cover. This flickering is... breaking... my... mind.

I'LL TALK, I'LL TALK, I'll tell you anything you want to know, just make it stop. Please make it stop.

Wait, this is the game? You just appear on screen and throw spears at the enemies? It doesn't even seem to scroll around or anything.

Or maybe it does scroll, and I just don't want it bad enough.

I died so now I'm a girl with grenades.

There's just... nothing good about this game at all. And it has made me miserable.

3 comments:

  1. No, there's just nothing good about your playing skills. It's a slow and hard as fuck game, but it wouldn't keep getting mentioned in classic Sega reviews or put in their Genesis collections if it wasn't a good game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, I clearly haven't seen enough of this game to make statements like that. I should have said something like 'there's nothing about this so far that makes me want to keep playing'. And then I should have played it longer anyway.

    Not saying I would have changed my opinion, but at least I'd have something more solid to base it on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This and Fatal Labyrinth are both games that need a couple of Game Overs to get into and want to put any time into. Both are also really great games, when you do get into them.

    ReplyDelete

Semi-Random Game Box