Monday 28 February 2011

Do Re Mi Fantasy: Milon no DokiDoki Daibouken (SNES)

Yo yo yo, listen up. This is a story... of a kid... yeah just shut up and listen.

Long long ago in the cute land of magic...

...there was this young kid and his story starts tragic.

While he's out chillin' with his woodland posse.

This asshole appears and takes off with his fairy.

If I collide with these guys while I'm still wearing red,
Then that's it, it's over. They've killed me, I'm dead.
But these creatures won't be causing me any trouble,
If I take both out with only one bubble.

My inventory has the capacity,
for a variety of cool shit.
Like upgrades for my abilities,
and new outfits for extra hits.

Fall on a spike and you'll get a fright,
but if you're wearing blue pants it won't kill you outright.

Bottomless pits can sure be a bitch,
but balloon gum pick-ups can help in a pinch.

Mario could break these blocks with his head,
but the kid has to explode instead.
I can use an overcharged bubble blast,
to blow out a hole so I can get past.

I was quite surprised by these birds by the way.
How they didn't swoop, grab me, then fly me away.
To the start of the level or a bottomless pit.
It's a nice touch and I appreciate it.

This wood pecking bird better move these logs fast,
if he wants me to stop shooting shit at his ass.

Pinocchio noses are useful for jumping.
It probably hurts but the liars had it coming.

These tiny cute killers aren't much of a threat.
Though remember to try not to jump on their head.
They'll swing that blade round and turn your clothes back to red.
Or if you've got no hit points they'll just turn you dead.

At last the world one map is nearly complete.
But damn, now I got the first boss to defeat!?

This robot is crafty, you shoot and it's likely,
To dive through the trees out of sight then climb quickly,
To drop from a branch and crush you with its foot.
Or just throw out a bird from a door in its gut.

Stop me if you've heard this all before.
Cake world, spinning spikes and more.
The only surprise in this pile of clichés.
Is how much I want to continue to play.

1 comment:

  1. My god....you need to do poetic reviews more often....this was genius.

    ReplyDelete

Semi-Random Game Box