Tuesday 1 February 2011

Blaster Master 2 (Genesis/Mega Drive)

I'd have to guess overhead run and gun.

It's a platformer, with a TANK? And I'm on a forest level?

 Well that's just cruel. I'll just go around the long way then shall I?

That's a weird looking sunset, but I like it. The graphics in this aren't so bad at all. I like the little Star Wars walkers down there.

It's a little annoying how the screen scrolls to show you less in the direction you're facing when you're moving. It just encourages me to edge my way across the screen slowly, in case something jumps out at me and I don't have time to react to it.

Well, I'm dead then. Who even builds log traps like this into a cave wall anyway?


Next game.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this review. I was unaware that there was a Blaster Master 2. This tempts me to go get a Genesis just so I can play this game.

    I haven't played this sequel to Blaster Master (NES), but I would assume that your tank? pilot can disembark from his vehicle at the stairs and then climb them to get to a special level just for hime in similar fashion to the NES game.

    You might ought to try this one again or the NES game. The NES game is one of my top 5 favorite NES games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, it never occurred to me that I might be able to get out of the tank. I'm definitely going to have to play some version of this again at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I HIGHLY recommend the first one, Blaster Master (for the NES). I remember playing the game over and over and over. It was simply a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi very nice work I to trying make same pixel art

    ReplyDelete

Semi-Random Game Box